Introduction and reopening dates
The safety of VivaIreland staff and clients is our priority. For this reason, we have temporarily closed the business to ensure the safest environment to our clients. We are delighted to announce that we are ready to reopen our accommodation service from 1st September 2020.
We are aware that many customers still need a flexible accommodation in Dublin and Cork. As such, we have made the decision to continue to provide our service, with some relevant changes.
What we are doing?
We have enhanced cleaning protocols for our properties:
- Increased cleaning and sanitising of private and public areas. Common areas are being cleaned at least once a week, dependent on usage. We are using disinfectant to wipe down all surfaces at risk and touchpoints such as handles, switches etc.
- Guest-accessible hand sanitisers at entrances and in each floor.
- Signage to remind our guests to observe social distancing and frequent handwashing.
- Linen will be washed at 90 degrees to ensure killing of bacteria.
- Every property will be provided with cleaning and disinfecting products to ensure that guest can clean up spaces and surfaces after use.
- Shared rooms will have beds at safety distance (1.5m) unless groups are coming together.
- Bunk beds will be placed in a safe standard where each guest can access by different sides. In addition, guests will sleep in an alternated position for extra safety, unless groups are coming together.
- No visitor and guests are allowed at the properties until the emergency lasts.
- Every guest will receive personal cookware to avoid mixing items with other clients.
- Guests are requested to use shared facilities when available and avoid congested areas (kitchen, living room)
- The self-check-in procedure will remain in place to ensure no contact between staff and guest.
- Keys are being sanitised after every check-out.
- If needed, guests will receive a complimentary disposable mask, gloves, and gel.
- Any suspected case can report to our staff. We will help you to contact the relevant authorities.
- Please contact a member of staff should you become ill with symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing and they will implement the COVID response plan.
- Enhanced staff safety with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
- Anyone entering the Republic of Ireland from abroad has to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival, with the exception of people coming from Northern Ireland.
- Self-isolate in our accommodation is allowed, even in shared rooms.
- You are required to fill out the Passenger Locator Form before you arrive. Download here:
- The Republic of Ireland has published a “green list” of countries exempt from quarantine rules. We recommend our clients to check the latest update: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/8868e-view-the-covid-19-travel-advice-list/
- Both our Dublin and Cork office will reopen with reduced staff and hours. Our new opening times: Mon-Fri 11:00am-4:00pm, Sat 10am-12pm. Phone lines and online chat will operate with same schedule.
- A language representative might be not available at all times.
- Customers MUST book an appointment before reaching our office. Those arriving without appointment cannot be served.
- Cash payment will not be accepted. Customers must pay by credit card only.
While we are staying open for those clients who need us, we echo government recommendations to follow safety advices.
We will continue to monitor the situation so that we can safely serve our customers who need our service. We appreciate your understanding.
We are open to all feedback and suggestions for how we can best serve our customers and our communities at this point. Email [email protected] with anything you’d like to share.
We have adapted the cancellation policy to current situation
Standard cancellation policy:
- Bookings cancelled earlier than 21 days before check-in date will not be charged.
- Bookings cancelled between 21 and 7 days before check-in date will be charged €100.00 or 10% for Partners.
- Bookings cancelled less than 7 days before check-in date will be charged €100.00 or 50% for Partners.
- Bookings cancelled 24 hours before check-in date, or anytime after, will be charged €100.00 or 100% for Partners.
- Upon arrival at the accommodation, all guests can avail of guaranteed satisfaction or rental refund policy.
- In case of a new lockdown due to Covid19, if the customer decides to leave our accommodation at an early date, a notice rent fee of 21-days will be deducted to the bookings in any circumstances. After that, if there is a remaining rent payment, a credit will be issued according to VivaIreland terms. The security deposit is not refundable in this situation.
Enhanced conditions after covid-19 impact:
- Bookings can be postponed at any later date without any fee. However, if the booking gets cancelled after being postponed, the cancellation policy will apply considering the original check-in date and the change of date request.
- In case of cancellation from partner agency, a credit for future bookings will be issued.